Our interventional pain physician, Dr. Anil K. Sharma, is a leading practitioner of state-of-the-art techniques specializing in the use of minimally-invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 70,000 spinal procedures in his 27+ years of clinical practice.
Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a form of chronic pain that usually affects an arm or a leg and typically develops after an injury or surgery. The pain is out of proportion to the severity of the initial injury.
CRPS causes the following:
- Burning or throbbing pain, usually, in your arm, leg, hand, or foot.
- Sensitivity to touch or cold.
- Swelling of the painful area.
- Changes in skin temperature alternating between sweaty and cold.
- Changes in skin color ranging from white and blotchy to red or blue.